iA

Stallone inducted into Boxing Hall of Fame

by Webmaster. Average Reading Time: less than a minute.

Rocky Balboa

Sylvester Stallone paid tribute to the ‘real-life Rockys’ as he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum, December 7, 2010. Stallone, who wrote and starred in the 1976 Oscar-winning film Rocky, about an underdog boxer from Philadelphia, was named among the twelve members of the 2011 class.

Sly said in a statement: “It has been my privilege to have been blessed with the ability to write about the incredible courage and commitment of the many thousands of real-life Rockys whom we have watched perform honourably in the ring.”

Rocky was nominated for 10 Academy Awards, winning best picture, best director and best film editing.

37 comments on ‘Stallone inducted into Boxing Hall of Fame’

1. raghu says:

Congratulations Rocco
    You are the best. Rocky series is all time favorite.

2. rotten ralph says:

rocky was a great film indeed but he is not a REAL boxer. the boxing hall of fame is for real boxers only !!!

his character and films should be in a movie hall of fame but def not the boxing hall of fame….get real guys

3. chris conley says:

congrats on the h.o.f., Mr Stallone. I was privaleged enough to see you at the Boxing hall of Fame this past sunday (12 jun 2011) for it’s only a 15 mile distance between there and my home. I went there mainly to see you and Mike Tyson, another fellow inductee. It was great to see all the “who’s who” of boxing there along side you. I was hoping to pass on a boxing novel I wrote (partically inspired by Rocky) to you there, but I wasn’t able to slide it over to you with the crowd going bonkers for you. Again, congrats on your induction. It was great to finally see you.

4. Lorie says:

Rocky movies have been an enjoyment throughout my child hood and my adult life and I still love watching them when my cable providers air them on regular television. I have enjoyed all of your movies, and I am looking forward to seeing more of you Sly!!
    From Ontario, Canada. Keep ‘em rollin… :)

5. Stephanie says:

So happy! We watch the Rocky movies at least 3 or 4 times a year- So happy for you Sly! Wish we could have been there!
    Hometeam!

6. Mark says:

A totally worthy accolade for Sylvester! The “Rocky” movies are superb! They are filled with classic characters like Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago, and the first and sixth movies are incredibly moving dramas. There are so many icons here, from Rocky runnng up the steps to the stars and striped boxing trunks. I have “Gonna Fly Now” and “Eye of the Tiger” playing on my iphone every time I go out jogging, and I bet I’m not alone!

7. Arnold says:

Well,what more can be said about such a legend. My whole life has been influenced by every single thing done or said by Rocky. To me, Rocky ain’t just a character but somebody real.I’m lost for words,all i can say now is congratulation.

8. Lucas Parzanini says:

I don’t speak english very well because i’m brazilian , but i will try: First of all I love Rocky Balboa and Rambo. When i watch a Rocky film my heart explodes and i dream for he be real. it’s a shame that everything is not real, about Rocky Balboa.nevertheless i love your job Silvester, and i hope that you have a personality like Rocky

9. Mario Toscano says:

Many COngratulations on your Induction Sly. For all you have done for the sport of boxing with the Rocky movies, and Contender series, you really do deserve it. I know boxing has always been close to your heart, and I commend you on achieving this award. Keep taking the hits, and keep moving forward.You are, and will continue to be a daily inspiration to me, and you have certainly showed that the last thing to age on a person is their heart. Grazie Tanto. Mario

10. barry callan ireland says:

sly you are the best action hero of all time. totally love your films your getting better and better. keep up the brilliant work . just about to watch rocky now..again. congratulations on hall of fame

11. rosy says:

SLY…YOU ARE AN ICON ALL OVER THE WORLD! SALUTATIONS FROM MONTREAL!

12. Senol Onbasi says:

Thank You Stallone for all your movie Stuffs, your are the best actionstar…. I was born 1974 so i startet with you Rocky. You are a big brother for me, i learn a lot from you. I wish all the best for you and your family.
    Lucky punch tiger eye….
    Greatings from Berlin

13. william says:

All the rocky movies were great. especially rocky 3 with the great story line which proves to us all never give up when times are hard. Thanks Sly!

14. Stallone is my role model. My alk, my physic and my movement all copied from Stallone.I started learning boxing after watching the film Rocky. Rocky always rocks.

15. Stallone is my role model.My talk, my physic and my movement all copied from stallone.I started learing boxing after watching the movie Rocky. Rocky always rocks.

16. Toby Hillis says:

In alot of eyes, rocky isnt just an adaption of boxing, he is boxing!! well done

17. Randy Gillette says:

Rocky has always inspired me to workout more harder and natural for what you have always stoood for. Heart and determination you have brought to the public eyes to see and to idolize your way of mind and exercise. I have been a true faithfull fan of yours since Rocky arrived in 1976. I’m your number 1 fan for life. Keep working out for all of the rest of your life to keep us natural bodybuilding fans of yours to keep wanting to go to the gym. Congrats on being inducted into the boxing Hall of Fame, your the best.

18. Angelina says:

Wow..thats really great. Congradulations

19. Jerry Paradise says:

Rocky was a TRUE Inspiration, A Great Movie Classic Top 10!
    in the league of the Godfather,Deer Hunter, Raging Bull and Midnight Cowboy. It was the Neighborhood Italian Kid against all odds to become a Champion. That is why so Many Neighborhood guys that I grew up with Identified with Rocky the underdog. In life we are all underdogs it’s are Spirit within that drives us to become a Champion in Life!
    GOD BLESS YOU!
    PSALM 1

20. I’m sure in my heart that your (s) family is proud of you…I AM, which expands the world. Your latest piece of work really rocked my world. Love ya Gena

21. Anderson Wiczneski says:

Well Done… since i was a litle boy i watched your movies, and Rocky for shure is one of the bests!! and i must confess that i got a lot of inspiration in my life…
    in a lot of ways… wealth is one of them…
    so it´s not over!!! keep punching!

22. Andre says:

Congratulations on your induction, you deserve it. You have been my biggest motivator throughout my life, my theme for this year, strange enough is: “The world meets nobody halfway”. You make that statement true in all you movies. In Rocky IV where you say at the steps of your house that: “if he wants to beat me, he will have to kill me, and if he want to do that he will have to be prepared to die himself” has stayed with me since I saw that movie in the theatres in primary school. The “he” I took from it was life itself. Thanks for meaning to me what you do, I would have been honoured to have met you in real life but I don’t think that will ever happen. Keep on inspiring.

23. Jimmy says:

What an honor for Sly, to be inducted next to one of the greatest boxers of all time: Julio Cesar Chavez

24. PETER CHIN says:

Behind every hard working experience
    lies a heart beat’s song screaming to be heard
    What matters most is you kept trusting your guts
    Together with your soul, body, mind following
    Everything is possible for you because
    You have found your River embracing the Rocks and Water
    Changing, Flowing, Diving Under, Crashing and Kept Growing
    Stronger and stronger till confidence flooded
    every cell of your whole being
    every inner self victorious and feeling infinite fatigue
    Embracing the Yin and Yang, you find the Tao in Action

25. Dear Sly,

I am the only philosophy professor at the University of Miami who has a poster of your Rocky 1 film in his office, because you’ve been a hero to me since I was a kid and I’m proud to show my colleagues and my students who visit my office that there are real heroes in “real life” who have the kind of positive “philosophy of life” that will fuel generations of people and have a REAL positive impact in people’s lives… I know, because you’ve been one of the top heroes in MY life. Thanks, Sly. Best wishes for the new year! And congratulations on all of your achievements.

All the best,

Ruben Rabinsky

Philosophy Department
    University of Miami

26. Darren Antola says:

Rocky did alot of good for people such as myself,I became a two time champion Boxing cutman because of rocky’s drive dedication’and discipline.congrats Sly keep inspiring.

27. Begolli says:

Congratulations Sly!! You did it! many people from around the world are inspired from your work and you must be very proud of it :) I have very much respect for you, because not only did you inspire many people from around the world, you inspired people who are at the stage of giving up, because you are making them go further, and to never stop! You are very important to the boxing world because many boxers want to have a heart like you, and also the strength to continue. You have also proven that everybody can change, from Rocky 4. You never stop impressing us sly!! best of wishes, Vigan Begolli.

28. rosy says:

congratulations sly….you truly are the best!

29. ROBERT A METCALF JR says:

I THINK IT IS GREAT THAT MR STALLONE MADE IT INTO THE HALL OF FAME. HIS MOVIES HAVE INSPIRED MANY GREAT FIGHTERS TO NOT ONLY PUT THE TIME AND ENERGY INTO THE SPORT OF BOXING BUT TO ALSO KEEP GOING AND NEVER QUIT I’M SURE. WATCHING HIS WORK HAS ALWAYS BUT ME IN A BETTER MIND SET. THANK YOU MR STALLONE FOR EVERYTHING.

30. great great great S T A L L O N E !!!! You will have inspired men through your strength, your courage, your sensitivity
    through your films and also in real life. You’ll leave a lot of
    beautiful things on earth! Big thank you to you SLY.

Tu auras inspiré les hommes par ta force, ton courage, ta sensibilité à travers tes films et également dans la vie réelle. Tu vas laisser beaucoup de belles choses sur cette terre ! Grand merci à toi SLY.
    Jean-mi (France

31. Athan Georgiou says:

Congratulations Mr Stallone for your induction into the boxing hall of fame, as you are not only an inspiration to me and my extended family but every underdog going through hardships.

32. Teresa White says:

Rocky inspired me in a sense and still everyday to not give up on the sport i practice and to get out there and live life to its fullest. Many thanks Sly for the inspiration and the story

33. Garry Atkinson says:

What else can I say about the character of Rocky? There isn’t much more to say, here Sly has given us a gift. The gift of overcoming insurmountable odds. Get up, do not let life get you down. I didn’t hear no bell. Fight

34. Krishna says:

I have Watched Rocky Series 1 to 6 in one go. Many times. The character of the movie is brilliant & real, bringing every one to human terms & reality. I always liked How Rocky Loves Adrian, respected her, loved her. Eventhough she is a memory in Series 6. You see 2 characters at the torn down Ice skating place. One cherises the life he spent with Adrian, even every small thing is memorable. where as for Paulie it is so difficult. To know that he was loved by Adrian. It becomes unbearable. It is not a story who rose to fame. What he values, who is important in life. Thanks rocco, for the story. For this is a story, not only box office hits. Which also wins my heart. for it is heart that matters.
    Thanks rocco.

35. John F. Laury III says:

Congratulations Mr. Stallone, Rocky has always been an important and famous contribution to the boxing sport. No matter what anyone says Stallone deserved that prestigious honor. I’m personally proud of him. Rocky has always been a big part of me since I was a little boy. I have a lot of love and respect for the character and everything he has been through. Showing me to never stop believing and keep fighting, you might just hit your dream right on the chin. Thanks for the memories Rock.

36. Andrew White says:

Rocky was a great film. I’m glad that people still realize how much it did for the sport of boxing and how much Sylvester Stallone has done for boxing with all of the Rocky films. Congrats Sly!